Diversity Scholarship for Entry-Level Athletic Training Students
Criteria and Information
The Scholarship Committee of the Indiana Athletic Trainer’s Association (IATA) will award one $1,000 scholarship to a deserving graduate athletic training student of an ethnic or social diverse background pursuing a college degree in athletic training at a Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) entry-level accredited college within the State of Indiana.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS March 1.
Applicants for the scholarship MUST:
- Be a full-time student at an Indiana CAATE-accredited institution,enrolled in an entry level athletic training program.
- Have one semester of their entry-level master’s program complete.
- 3.0/4.0 cumulative GPA (or equivalent) at the time of application.
- Be an IATA member since January of the application year.
- Official Application Form
- 2 Recommendation Forms
- Unofficial Transcript from CAATE-Accredited Institution
- Copy of NATA Membership Card, or IATA Membership
- Verification of NPI number
Applications and Scholarship Application Recommendation Forms will be reviewed by the scholarship committee.
- The applicant must complete the application form by March 1.
- Applicants must be sponsored by a full-time member of the Athletic Training Education Program Faculty or by a full-time member of the Athletic Training Staff.
- The candidate must have two completed Scholarship Application Recommendation Forms (one from the applicant sponsor and one from another individual - see a and b below). The candidate must have at least one recommendation addressing academics and at least one recommendation addressing clinical education. A recommender can address both academics and clinical education.
The candidate must have two completed Scholarship Application Recommendation forms - one from the applicant sponsor and one from another individual (i.e., a teaching faculty member at the applicant's institution (inside or outside of the athletic training education program), a member of the athletic training staff at the institution, or by an off-campus clinical instructor.).
The Scholarship Application Recommendation Forms should be e-mailed to Kim Williams (email@example.com) by March 1.
Scholarships will be awarded at the Annual IATA meeting.
Should you have any questions about the application or the application procedure, please contact Lauren Burish at firstname.lastname@example.org