Diversity Scholarship for Entry-Level Athletic Training Students
Criteria and Information
The Scholarship Committee of the Indiana Athletic Trainer’s Association (IATA) will award one $1,000 scholarship to a deserving graduate athletic training student of an ethnic or social diverse background pursuing a college degree in athletic training at a Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) entry-level accredited college within the State of Indiana.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS March 20.
Applicants for the scholarship MUST:
- Have a 3.0/4.0 (or equivalent) cumulative grade point average at the time of application. Graduate students please provide undergraduate grade point average.
- Have been an IATA member since January of the same year as the application;
- If you are an NATA member, you are also an IATA member if your address is Indiana. Please provide documentation of NATA membership.
- If you are an IATA member only, please provide documentation that you are an IATA member since January of the same year as the application
- Be enrolled as a full-time graduate student at an Indiana College or University. Student must be enrolled in an entry-level CAATE accredited athletic training education program;
- Students must be within 2 years of graduating from an accredited professional education program;
- If applying as an undergraduate student, must be an athletic training student at the current institution for at least one academic year.
- Completed Application Form
- Two Completed Scholarship Application Recommendation Forms
- Current Transcript (Graduate applicants provide undergraduate and graduate transcript)
- Copy of NATA Membership Card or official documentation of NATA membership or IATA membership.
Applications and Scholarship Application Recommendation Forms will be reviewed by the scholarship committee.
- The applicant must complete the application form by March 20.
- Applicants must be sponsored by a full-time member of the Athletic Training Education Program Faculty or by a full-time member of the Athletic Training Staff.
- The candidate must have two completed Scholarship Application Recommendation Forms (one from the applicant sponsor and one from another individual - see a and b below). The candidate must have at least one recommendation addressing academics and at least one recommendation addressing clinical education. A recommender can address both academics and clinical education.
The candidate must have two completed Scholarship Application Recommendation forms - one from the applicant sponsor and one from another individual (i.e., a teaching faculty member at the applicant's institution (inside or outside of the athletic training education program), a member of the athletic training staff at the institution, or by an off-campus clinical instructor.).
The Scholarship Application Recommendation Forms may be attached to the Scholarship Application or e-mailed to Kim Williams (email@example.com) by March 20.
Scholarships will be awarded at the Annual IATA meeting.
Should you have any questions about the application or the application procedure, please contact Lauren Burish at firstname.lastname@example.org