The following must be completed in order to be considered for an award:
- The nomination form and all required materials must be completed and submitted by the deadline of March 30.
- A curriculum vitae/resume MUST be submitted before a nominee is presented to the full Awards Committee.
- Letter(s) of support strongly recommended.
- Only Indiana state licensed Athletic Trainers may receive this award.
- The nominee must have worked a minimum of five (5) years in Indiana.
- The nominee has IATA membership.
- The nominee should be active in advancing the profession of athletic training and sports medicine (i.e., education, research, speaking, writing, etc.).
- The nominee must be a well-respected member of their community (i.e., volunteer, civic organizations, church, and/or school).
- The nominee should make contributions/support the profession of athletic training.
- The nominee should make contributions to healthcare in Indiana.
- The Honors and Awards Committee shall make a recommendation of up to 3 nominees to the IATA Executive Council.
- In the event that no nomination is received, the Awards Committee rejects all nominee/s, or the Executive Council rejects the nominee/s, the Awards Committee is then responsible for nominating and recommending a candidate to the Executive Council.
- Non-selected nominees will be considered one additional year following the initial nomination.
- The Executive Council officially selects the recipients of the Professional Excellence Award.
- The Election results are publicly announced at the IATA Annual Educational Meeting.