I began my tenure with the following Areas of Emphasis:
- Diversity – Develop and support initiatives that promote understanding, communication, safe & compassionate healthcare for all.
- Development – strengthen the financial position of the IATA to the benefit of the membership.
- External – create/strengthen relationships with Indiana healthcare and sport associations to advocate for AT and collaborative healthcare.
- IATA Mission – advance the professional and empower the membership through advocacy, education, networking and innovative resources.
- Brought an online educational platform to provide continuing education to the membership
- Selected and hired a Strategic Business Development Coordinator to continue to push Third Party Reimbursement processes and education within the state. Hiring an individual held to specific accountabilities was viewed as a “best practice” by the NATA Third Party Reimbursement Initiative.
- Oversaw the move of the annual meeting to an early June date to make attendance more accessible for the majority of the membership.
- Along with others, helped to assured continuation of Athletic Training licensure through presentation/testimony in front of state legislative group.
- Initiated communication with several other Indiana healthcare associations and sport associations to advocate for AT. These interactions resulted in speaking opportunities at some of these associations for our profession.
- Provided the Presidents’ Message in a video format vs the traditional written message utilized by those before me.
- Renamed the Education Chair to the Professional Development Chair
- Filled all empty Committee Chair slots during my tenure.
- Bridging the gap between those that have laid the foundation of AT leadership in our state with early career ATs.
- With corporate sponsorships on the decline nationally, finding new partners or development strategies to fill any gap left by lack of sponsorship funds.
- Finding a communication medium through which our members consume and engage on a widespread basis.
- Preparation for the impending move to Masters level programs
"As an Executive Committee made up of volunteers, I’m a strong believer in making our making our meetings productive for our membership, but also having fun at the same time. Those members that I served with during my term were committed to serving our membership and equally committed to collaborative dialogue that resulted in thoughtful and strategic decisions on behalf of the members. I hope that our philosophy of removing barriers to engagement by our members and recognition of our members continues to resonate with those who serve in the future."