2014 – 2016
- Increased communication by replacing the newsletter to membership to having regular e blasts communicating information quicker with multiple mediums email, Facebook, and Twitter. This new process increased the open rate from the newsletter format.
- Utilized Association Management to its fullest to get the IATA up to Best Practices with financial book keeping, meeting efficiency, and the transition of the EC positions as their terms expired.
- Supported the Third Party Reimbursement Study through completion
- Membership committee replaced by District Representatives
- Renamed Athletic Trainer of the Year to Professional Excellence Award
- Created CISM as a Special Committee
- Indiana Licensing Board changed CEU reporting to coincide with the NATA CEU reporting year
- Changed name of COR to Committee on Practice Advancement
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Bill passed
- Healthcare Provider Bill passed adding Athletic Trainers to Indiana Healthcare Providers Statute
- Received Campbell Award
- Educating membership on the importance of the NPI number and not getting the support of the NATA /BOC making it mandatory to list the NPI number at the time of renewal and application
- Educating membership, insurers, and employers about the benefits of utilizing Third Party Reimbursement for Athletic Training services and how this opportunity could change our profession
“I would encourage all members at some point in their career to get involved with the Association in some capacity. You will meet people that you might not have met, and learn more about the IATA. There are so many ways to get involved and the help is always needed. Involvement is key to our growth of our profession by having new thoughts and perspectives to our needs, as our profession evolves.”