Diversity Scholarship for Entry-Level Athletic Training Students
Criteria and Information
The Scholarship Committee of the Indiana Athletic Trainer’s Association (IATA) will award one $1,000 scholarship to a deserving undergraduate or graduate athletic training student of an ethnic or social diverse background pursuing a college degree in athletic training at a Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) entry-level accredited college within the State of Indiana.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MARCH 1
Applicants for the scholarship MUST:
- Have a 3.0/4.0 (or equivalent) cumulative grade point average at the time of application. Graduate students please provide undergraduate grade point average.
- Have been an IATA member since January of the same year as the application;
- If you are an NATA member, you are also an IATA member if your address is Indiana. Please provide documentation of NATA membership.
- If you are an IATA member only, please provide documentation that you are an IATA member since January of the same year as the application
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an Indiana College or University. Student must be enrolled in an entry-level CAATE accredited athletic training education program;
- At the time of the application, be of junior or senior standing if enrolled in undergraduate entry-level program. If enrolled in graduate entry-level program, applicants must be currently enrolled in at least 6 credit hours and in their second semester;
- If applying as an undergraduate student, must be an athletic training student at the current institution for at least one academic year.
- Completed Application Form
- Two Completed Scholarship Application Recommendation Forms
- Current Transcript (Graduate applicants provide undergraduate and graduate transcript)
- Copy of NATA Membership Card or official documentation of NATA membership or IATA membership.
- The applicant must complete the application form by March 1.
- Applicants must be sponsored by a full-time member of the Athletic Training Education Program Faculty or by a full-time member of the Athletic Training Staff.
- The candidate must have two completed Scholarship Application Recommendation Forms (one from the applicant sponsor and one from another individual - see a and b below). The candidate must have at least one recommendation addressing academics and at least one recommendation addressing clinical education. A recommender can address both academics and clinical education.
- The applicant sponsor must complete the Scholarship Application Recommendation Form and return via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 1.
- In addition to the applicant sponsor, the applicant must have another Scholarship Application Recommendation Form completed by one of the following: a teaching faculty member at the applicant's institution (inside or outside of the athletic training education program), a member of the athletic training staff at the institution, or by an off-campus clinical instructor. This individual must complete the Scholarship Application Recommendation Form and return it via e-mail (email@example.com) by March 1.
- The applicant must e-mail a current transcript by March 1 to Kim Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The applicant must e-mail a copy of a current NATA membership card or official documentation of NATA membership or IATA membership to Kim Williams (email@example.com).
Applications and Scholarship Application Recommendation Forms will be reviewed by the scholarship committee.
Scholarships will be awarded at the Annual IATA meeting.
Should you have any questions about the application or the application procedure, please contact Mackenzie Gross at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org