- Applications and all letters of recommendations must be received by the date listed on the ISMA website Awards and Scholarships page.
- All applications are to be sent to the ISMA and are available on the ISMA and Indiana Athletic Trainers' Association (IATA) websites.
- Required supporting document should be the letter of recommendation from the nominating licensed athletic trainer. Letters of support are encouraged but not mandatory.
- Twenty (20) years of service as a team physician for an Indiana school(s) or an organized sports team(s). Examples of schools or teams: high schools, colleges, universities, Olympic sports, club sports, or professional teams.
- A member, in good standing, of the Indiana State Medical Association (ISMA). If retired or deceased, must have been a member of the ISMA.
- Only an Indiana state licensed Athletic Trainer may nominate a physician for this award.
Selection and Election Process
- All criteria must be fulfilled.
- All applications must be received by the declared deadline.
- The ISMA's Sports Medicine Committee will review all of the applications submitted.
- A simple majority vote by the committee will be utilized.
- All non-selected nominees will be retained one additional year following nomination.
- The award will be presented at the IATA Annual Educational Meeting.