The following must be completed in order to be considered for an award:
- The nomination form and all required materials must be completed and submitted by the deadline of March 1.
- A curriculum vitae/resume MUST be submitted before a nominee is presented to the full Awards Committee.
- Letter(s) of support strongly recommended.
- Any IATA certified member may nominate an Athletic Trainer for this award.
- Only Indiana state licensed Athletic Trainers may receive this award.
- Nominees must be in good standing with the IATA for a minimum of two (2) consecutive years.
- Nominees must have worked a minimum of two (2) years at an institution in Indiana.
- It is preferred that the nominee has NATA membership, but this is not required.
- The nominee should be a well-respected member of their community (i.e.: volunteer, civic organizations, church, school).
- The nominee should make contributions to diversity in athletic training in Indiana.
- The Honors and Awards Committee shall make a recommendation of one nominee to the IATA Executive Council.
- In the event that no nomination is received, the Awards Committee rejects all nominee/s, or the Executive Council rejects the nominee/s, the Awards Committee is then responsible for nominating and recommending a candidate to the Executive Council.
- Non-selected nominees will be considered one additional year following the initial nomination.
- The Executive Council officially selects the recipient of the Diversity Award.
- The Election results are publicly announced at the IATA Annual Educational Meeting.